An online teleconference was held on July 26, 2021 between International Affairs Office, Northwest University, China and China Study Center, University of Peshawar. From Northwest University, China, Prof REN Huilian (Director of International affairs Office), Prof WANG Jianxin (Director Pakistan Study Centre), Ms. ZHANG Zhaohui (International Affairs Office), Ms WANG Lifan (Secretary of External Affairs, School of Cultural Heritage), Mr. LI Tao (Project Coordinator of BRI Institute) participated in the online meeting. From Pakistan Prof Dr. Muhammad Idrees (Vice Chancellor, University of Peshawar) and Professor Dr. Zahid Anwar (Dean Faculty of Social Sciences and Director China Study Center, University of Peshawar) participated the meeting along with other colleagues participated in the said conference. The following areas of cooperation were discussed.
1) Northwest University, China and University of Peshawar agreed to cooperate and collaborate in the field of teaching Chinese language, Archeology, short trainings, students and faculty exchange.
2) CSC, UOP were offered to send 3-5 faculty members for learning Chinese Language at NWU, China.
3) Prof Wang Jianxin suggested a joint project on the comparative study of Indus and Chinese civilizations.
4) Both parties agreed on cooperation in Cultural heritage, protection, conservation, restoration and preservation.
5) Northwest University, China will establish Center for Central Asia and Silk Road Study at NWU. Northwest invited CSC, UOP to become a part Center for Central Asia and Silk Road Studies.
Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar, Director, China Study Center & Dean Faculty of Social Sciences in his speech hoped that this meeting will pave way for further collaboration. Prof Dr. Muhammad Idrees, Vice Chancellor, University of Peshawar, offered Chinese Students to come to University of Peshawar for study and further added that both Universities will enhance cooperation in the field of higher education. In the end the worthy Vice-Chancellor thanked the Chinese academicians and officials for participating in the teleconference for academic cooperation