Phone (+92)-091-5852247
TRILATERAL ONLINE MEETING FOR DIGITALIZATION OF ARCHIVE LIBRARY PESHAWAR

TRILATERAL ONLINE MEETING FOR DIGITALIZATION OF ARCHIVE LIBRARY PESHAWAR

A trilateral online meeting among Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Director China Study Center, University of Peshawar, Dr. Li Tao, Director Institute of BRI, Northwest University, Xian, China, Madam Raheela Hafeez Director and Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Deputy Director, Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was held on January 10, 2023 at China Study Center, University of Peshawar for the digitalization of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar said that Pakistan is the custodian of rich history and culture and Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar has done an excellent efforts for preserving the rare collections covering the pre and post-independence period of Pakistan. Madam Raheela Hafeez praised the efforts of Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar in brining close together Pakistan, China and directorate through China Study Center, UoP for the proposed digitalization project.

Madam Raheela Hafeez, Director, Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa said that Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar has a large collections of rare documents including books, files, newspapers, cartographic materials and micro films. The Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar has digitalized 25% of the collection and the remaining 75% collections required funding and equipment’s for its digitization.

Dr. Li Tao, Director Institute of BRI, Northwest University, Xian, China said that China has cutting edge technology for preservation and conservation of the rich and rare collection of material at the Archive and Library. He further said that He and Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar will coordinate and facilitate the concerned institution to complete digitization project.

 Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Deputy Director, Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar threw light on the significance, nature, and features of the rich collection at the Directorate of Archives & Libraries, Peshawar. He draw attention of the audience that digitization is necessary so that the rare and rich collection is not lost. All the participants agreed to focus and take the required steps and complete the digitization in organized and scientific manner.

At the end Prof. Dr. Zahid Anwar, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Director China Study Center, UoP thanked all the participants for sparing time to participate in the said webinar.